This is a link to the SEND information section of the Achieving for Children (AfC) website: www.kr.afcinfo.org.uk/local_offer
This section of the AfC website provides information on local services and support available for families including children and young people aged 0–25 years with special educational needs or disabilities.
Special Educational Needs and Disability Register
All local authorities must have a record or register of children with Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities (SEND) in their area. If you live in either Kingston or Richmond, we encourage anyone whose family includes a child or young person whose has a special educational need* or disability** to register.
Everyone on the register will benefit from:
- Information about support, services, activities and events
- Information aimed at young people with disabilities
- Opportunities to have your say about the services that are important to you
- The knowledge that your anonymous statistical data is helping us to plan and improve services
Richmond Parent Carer Forum
Richmond Parent Carer Forum (PCF) is an independent group run by parents for parents or carers of children/young people (aged 0 – 25 years) who have any form of special educational need or disability. Your child does not need an official diagnosis for you to become a member and we support families of children with any type of additional need including learning difficulties like dyslexia.
We receive funding from the Department for Education and our purpose is to ensure that the voices of parents, children and young people are heard in the planning and implementation of SEND services in Richmond. We can also help you to access services and provide valuable peer support, connecting you with other parents who understand the special joys and challenges of raising a family with additional needs.
SEND Information, Advice and Support (SENDIASS)
The Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) in Kingston and Richmond offers advice and support across a wide range of subjects. This may include help with personal budgets and how to use the Local Offer plus:
- support with understanding reports and letters, attending meetings and preparing for assessments and reviews
- information and signposting to support services in your area
- support with Transition and Preparing for Adulthood
- support with and signposting to mediation
- advice and support on benefits
These services offer advice to children and young people as well as parents and carers.
Phone: 020 3793 9596