We hope that your child is happy at our school. Occasionally, however, a problem may arise. We hope that we will be able to resolve any concern speedily, in a helpful, informal manner. We accept that on occasions our initial attempts to resolve an issue may be unsuccessful and the person raising the concern remains dissatisfied and wishes to take the matter further. A staged procedure is outlined below. This has been created to ensure that all problems and difficulties can be resolved.
The general procedure for dealing with complaints of any kind is summed up as follows:
1) In the majority of circumstances the matter should be raised with the classteacher.
2) If a satisfactory conclusion is not felt to have been achieved, then an appointment should be made with the Deputy Headteacher or Headteacher. This meeting should take place as soon as possible and normally within three working days.
3) Occasionally the person complaining may be of the view that the complaint should go directly to one of the senior professionals at the school. If this is the case, the matter should be raised in the first instance with the Deputy Headteacher or the Headteacher.
4) If a satisfactory conclusion is not reached after a meeting with the Deputy Headteacher or the Headteacher a second follow up meeting can be requested.
5) If the matter remains unresolved following this, a formal letter should be made to the school’s Chair of Governors. The letter should be addressed to the Chair of Governors, sealed and left at one of the school offices.
Should you require further information you may wish to read the school’s complaints policy on our policy page.