Learning Support Assistant and Playground Supervisor: 17.5 hours per week
Learning Support Assistant: 23.75 hours per week
Application Forms – if you would like to apply for the above roles. Please fill out the Richmond LA Application Form’ below and send to email@example.com
Richmond LA Application Form – word document
Why work at Barnes Primary School?
Barnes Primary School has an excellent record of staff retention. We offer outstanding continued professional development opportunities. We ensure that we have an outstanding, positive and supportive working environment and excellent staff, student working relationships. We are committed to Learning Love and Laughter, whilst being relentlessly ambitious. We pride ourselves on being both forward-looking and innovative while also being outward facing; involved in the local community and far beyond. Once you step into our community, you begin to realise what a unique and special place this is, one that values individual contribution, and just as with pupils, encourages staff to pursue their interests and achieve their ambitions. It is a wonderful school to be part of and hence our retention of staff is so good.
Why work at Barnes Primary School?
- Learning, love and laughter is embedded in all that we do
- Staff are highly valued. We care about one another and have a wonderful team spirit. Staff are proud to work at Barnes Primary School
- There is a clear vision and relentless ambition. We expect more. We will encourage you to try new ways and push boundaries
- We grow staff and have excellent continued professional development. This is one reason our staff turnover is so low
- We have leaders who work across other schools and are committed to developing others
- We are outward facing. We belong to a locality of Richmond schools, Achieving for children, the West London Teaching Alliance and have maths specialist leads working as part of the West London Maths Hub supporting seven other schools as well as linking closely with Rusuzumiro School in Rwanda
We have a successful and established Schools Direct programme that has resulted in many participants being employed by the school on completion of their course. Our programme includes regular support meetings, a dedicated mentor, weekly-continued professional development sessions on site and at University as well as a second placement in another school.
Early career framework (ECF)
We have a successful and established programme of support for newly qualified teachers, and those in their second year of teaching. This includes regular support meetings, a dedicated mentor, weekly-continued professional development sessions on site, at the local authority and in other schools.
Continued professional development (CPD)
We have an excellent continued professional development programme and many opportunities in school for staff to extend their professional knowledge and develop their skills. Internal continued professional development training happens each week for teaching and support staff. In addition, staff regularly attend external training. There is the possibility of participating in the NPQML and NPQSL and potential help with funding for other courses.
As a result, we have a very good record of staff gaining internal and external promotions and sharing good practice across schools.
There is a warm convivial atmosphere among the staff and mutual support between teaching, support and admin staff to ensure effective teaching and learning and the best outcomes for our pupils.
Wide range of educational visits and extra-curricular activities
Staff are able to assist on a number of day/residential visits to extend their own experience and support students’ personal growth. Staff are encouraged to get involved in extracurricular clubs. These have included:
- Trips as part of curriculum enhancement
- Residential trips
- Various opportunities to lead and run clubs. We offer over 50 clubs a week (in normal non-Covid times)
Other benefits include:
- Excellent accommodation and staff facilities
- Priority admission for children of all permanent post holders after 2 years’ service
- Weekly planning, preparation and assessment time for teaching staff
- Leadership time for school leaders
- Dedicated work spaces for staff
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Reduced rates at local service providers, including Fusion Leisure facilities,
- Employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- High quality on site school meals at a subsidised rate
- A pro-active, supportive and highly effective Governing Body
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated staff team
- A talented senior leadership team who support all staff
- Technology to enable staff to work effectively on site and remotely
- Staff well-being is high on our agenda
- Regular and varied staff socials
- A very active and hard-working parent teacher friends association (PTFA)
- Occupational health support if needed
- Psychologist support service support if needed
- Strong and positive partnerships with other local schools
- Link with a Rusuzumiro school in Rwanda
- Free tea and coffee
- On-site parking for bikes and cars.
Application Forms and Additional Information
Please send all completed forms to:
All forms (1 and 2) must be completed and emailed to us, on or before the deadline date and time, in order for your application to be considered.
You will be contacted shortly after the closing date if your application is successful. Although we make every effort to contact every applicant, if you do not hear from us within 7 days of the closing date please assume you have not been successful.
If you require any reasonable adjustments made due to a disability outlined by the Equality Act 2010, please let us know in advance so that any support, aids or adaptions can be put in place to assist you in the interview. For these requests please email:
About Barnes Primary
Arranging a visit to Barnes Primary School
All successful applicants will be offered a tour of the school during their interview. If you’d like to book a tour in advance of your interview, please contact our reception team on 020 8876 7358, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy notice - Job Applicants
Our privacy notice for job applicants can be found on the data protection page here
Privacy notice - Volunteers (including Governors)
Our privacy notice for volunteers can be found on the data protection page here